Monday 27 July 2009

Time for Tea

What to do when the credit is crunchy and the banks and loan sharks are after your blood? Why, throw a defiantly lovely tea party of course!


After hot-footing it down to the Harrods homewares sale and buying lots of Maxwell & Williams' gorgeous floral crockery (okay, it wasn't that frugal!), I laid my table with a linen tablecloth (donated by Mum), gold cutlery from Zara, napkins from the supermarket and candlesticks from Tiger (opposite Primark in Hammersmith). A smattering of flowers later and the table was set. Food was bought from Iceland (I felt like Kerry Katona for a terrifying second) and brought by friends. In the teacups? Earl grey followed by Gordon's Gin. Everything seemed to taste great in this setting.


I thought you might like to see the pictures of my birthday tea. If you are an ardent feminist who loathes florals then I would strongly suggest you look away now...












































No comments: