Friday 27 April 2012

Bastyan Autumn/Winter Press Day

I went along to the Bastyan AW press day yesterday. Held at the Cavendish Club, it showcased pieces from the brand’s upcoming autumn/winter collection. One thing I love about Bastyan is that instead of clouding their collections with a myriad of clashing prints and colours (calm it down, high street!), they do a concise, considered range of knockout dresses and sophisticated separates. I know I say it every season but I really feel that this collection is their best yet. Gorgeous, textural coats and winter-friendly wool hung next to head-turning cocktail dresses with subtle twists. Prints appeared in measured doses. My favourite patterned piece was a shirt with birds (I’m a sucker for a good animal print).

After having a good nosy through the collection, I got chatting to Emma about the exclusive ‘Bastyan Society’ which sounds very intriguing. I will be joining. Find out more about it and sign up here.

 Tonia, Bastyan founder stands with her new collection
 One of the themes of the collection

 My favourite print!

Loved this dress - a real head-turner

No comments: