Sunday 26 October 2008

These Boots won't Break the Bank (or Your Back!)

I know that the trend for Vertigo-inducing heels is fabulous - I fully support the trend by purchasing platform, 5 inch-stilettos whenever and wherever possible. Regardless of my inherent love for skyscraper heels, I acknowledge that they do have their time and place. I am beginning to realise that they might just be a little impractical for a whole day of work and rushing around this beloved city.

Sometimes, a girl has to be stylish and comfortable. Ballet flats are just peachy for warmer months but what to do when the temperature drops? Believe me, I have tried teaming my quilted Chanel pumps with everything from legwarmers to ‘funky’ socks. This is a Very. Bad. Idea. Reaching for the UGGs is just plain obvious and frankly, not the most stylish choice.

Flat riding or motorcycle boots are the only way to go this season and you get extra style-points if they’re patent and black. With this is mind, here are my pick of the best on the high-street. Remember, they are an investment so expect to pay £100 or more-they should last for ages and the warmth you feel in your heart (and your tootsies!) will make this purchase absolutely worth the money.


(Top to bottom)
1. French Connection's 'Laura' Boots are super-chic. I have a feeling they also come in patent. Useful for when people like me drool over them. They're £140

2. Ever reliable, KG have these fab 'Stellar' boots for £150

3. Baratts are sometimes forgotten but they have these great boots for just £65. Yes they are cowboy boots, yes that's okay.






















No comments: