Saturday 15 May 2010

An E-Postcard from Madrid


Readers, I am writing from sunny(ish) Madrid! It´s so beautiful here and today I have been all around the city. I have window-shopped and danced in the streets of Gran Via, seen Sol and visited Templo Deboro with its breathtaking views. On the way there, we took an (unintentional) detour through a park near some cable cars and also saw the somewhat disturbing sight of a middle-aged couple, ahem, enjoying each other´s company semi-naked from the waist down in full view of my friend Niels and I.

This aside, Madrid seems to be a very stylish and sophisticated place with beautiful palaces (see above) and a warm, happy attitude.

As I write this, my companions are indulging in a came of ´Cow Trade´which seems to be a rather heated game involving the swapping of animal-based cards. Then we are going to a bar where beers are marvellously 60p per pint. When I come home I will post my many photographs and go on a vegetarian diet as all meat will pale in quality compared to the hams and Chorizo sampled here. Adios!

1 comment:

Rachel Gold said...

Pal you are hysterical, you are never boring and alway interesting and very very funny. Have a great time.