Saturday 19 November 2011

Crème de la Mer

I went along to the rather glamorous Estée Lauder building last Thursday to learn about new developments with luxury skincare brand, Crème de la Mer.

Over a glass of champagne (lovely) I learnt all about the different products. Most people are familiar with the brand’s popular Moisturizing Crème but if, like me, you think a cream of this type is better suited to more mature skins, there are plenty of alternatives. The Oil Absorbing Lotion, Moisturizing Lotion and Moisturizing Gel Cream are lighter and quicker to apply but all contain the ‘miracle’ formula in the original Moisturizing Crème.

Crème de la Mer is currently offering various complimentary treatments at their counters – there is no obligation to buy and the staff are welcoming and friendly. I would recommend trying the eye care treatment I opted for. The eye creams are applied using a silver-tipped applicator, which reacts with the haematite in the eye product and encourages blood to flow to the surface for a de-puffed, glowing eye area (something I definitely need in the morning, these days!).

Yes, this kind of skincare doesn’t come cheap but if, like me, you struggle with your skin, it really is a worthy investment. Whilst you might initially baulk at the occasionally triple-figure price tags, the quality of the products mean that you need to use about a quarter of the amount of a more affordable counterpart. If used correctly, these products will last for ages and the results they manifest will surely be worth it. At the age of 26, I am starting to think seriously about my skin and beginning to think about anti-ageing. Crème de la Mer’s Moisturising Lotion is looking like a good place to start.

My favourite Crème de la Mer products:

















No comments: