Thursday 24 May 2012

The Magic Big Boulder Upholder by Freya



For a long time now, the idea of wearing something strapless has been relegated to the drawer marked ‘Impossible and Nonsensical’ in my brain. All of the strapless bras I have encountered have sat feebly, atop my 34DD breasts. Everything jiggled around, seeming to giggle (or perhaps, ‘titter’ is more appropriate), “You think you can wear that strappy Roland Mouret number? You’ve got big boobies, lady it will never work.” The very idea that my big boys could be controlled by two nondescript, lightly padded cups has been pretty laughable to me as well as them. Entire days of tragedy/hilarity have been spent attempting to track something effective down. Even M&S, normally good for this sort of thing, let me down spectacularly. There was too much choice and not enough action. My friends, I am happy to report that those desperate days are gone. Initially unsure of the 3D-ness of it all (‘Boulder Holder’ sprang to mind), Freya’s ‘Deco’ strapless bra really does offer unrivalled support. It’s perfectly smooth and has ‘gripper elastic’ a terrifying-sounding, yet actually marvellous thing. Is it pretty? Hell no. It sits in the Spanx section of my underwear drawer (what I like to think of as the ‘Genius Section’). Does it work? Absolutely. I never thought I would report an evening of comfort in something strapless. I thought the term ‘strapless’ was synonymous with ‘hitching your bosom up all night long.’ 

This bra actually held me in place admirably and it was so comfortable that, for the first time ever, I will actually be using the straps included so I can wear it as a T-shirt bra during the day. It has a nude option too, ideal under a simple white tee or shirt. Gok Wan once said (and yes, I am quoting Gok) “A woman should have two types of underwear; Magic and Sexy.” Needless to say this falls into the former category. At the age of 27, I have finally unlocked that formidable section of my wardrobe deigned ‘unwearable’. The vintage Mouret is coming out, and so are the boob tubes. I will wear them for as long as is acceptable (35?), because now I can. Thank you Freya, you’ve done it again.


To experience more Freya amazingness, click here.

No comments: