Monday 25 June 2012

Making Life a Ritual



I first came across Rituals when I was given a hand cream sample outside Westfield in Shepherds Bush. It smelt so good; I wanted to buy the scent as a perfume. I was surprised to hear that Rituals offer everything from washing up liquid to loungewear. The brand encourages you to ‘Give special attention to turning everyday routines into meaningful rituals.’

Keen to find out more, I went along to the press day at the Soho Hotel last week. It was so fun, there were manicures and psychic reading and lots of cake! We were given some products to try out. I especially love the Intense Look Mascara and the Serenity Handwash, being pink, fits in a treat into my bathroom. It smells heavenly too.

The make-up range was a highlight; make-up artist Lou Page talked me through it and, with a celeb list that reads longer than your arm (she has made over the Spice Girls and Take That), she really knows her stuff. Lou was impressed with the Rituals face palettes for their separation of shades and flattering tones. She thought they were ‘Great for the festival season.’ I thought the Baked Eye Shadow palettes looked great and I am looking forward to trying out the jewel colours in Uptown Blue. The colours are all limited edition so you have to grab and stockpile when you find one you love! The best part? Rubies, sapphires and amethysts are all used in the cosmetics, as inspired by Cleopatra.

I’m dying to try the sparkly ‘Freezed Fantasy’ nail polish too – it’s a light gold shimmer that I reckon will work a treat on tanned toes. The lovely girls of Beauty Seen PR were telling me how it looked different on all of them, depending on their skin tone.

You can buy Rituals products in shops worldwide, department stores, airlines and hotels.