Tuesday 30 September 2014

Jonathan Saunders


An incredible show venue is a double-edged sword. On one side, it gives your collection a sense of drama and occasion, but sometimes, it can overwhelm the pieces you’re showing. I feel this happened at Jonathan Saunders’ Spring/Summer 2015 show. There were some exciting pieces; a cobalt blue ruffled dress and a slinky, shiny gold number, but on balance, I felt that the muddy neutrals and blues faded against the breathtaking backdrop of the British Museum in Russell Square. The overall range didn’t catch my attention as much as his previous collections. I wonder if my perception would change at a more intimate showcase.



Queuing outside


In the grand venue


A star-studded FROW




The blue and gold dresses were the best in my opinion. 



No comments: