Friday 30 October 2015

Candy Yum Yum by Mac



I think winter is the most wonderful time of the year for make-up. You have longer to spend doing it (the weather’s shite, who wants to be out there?) and there are more parties than you can drunkenly shake a cocktail sausage at. Although it feels wrong to transition from cocktail sausages, here goes.

When you’re tired of your usual wintry crimson lip, why not buck the expected colour palette and go neon pink?

I’ve long-loved the eye-hurting brightness of Mac’s Candy Yum Yum shade – the lipstick is matte and so pigmented that reapplication doesn’t feel like an endless chore. My only gripe is that it can sometimes feel a bit dry. I recently tried the gloss version which feels great on the lips and is a bit more wearable for daytime. I also like mixing pure Candy Yum Yum lipstick with the Cyan Lipmix to create a surprisingly flattering bright violet hue.


I’ll post some good Mac combinations soon, but in the meantime here are some pics of a look with the Candy Yum Yum Tinted Lipglass.

With such a bold lipcolour, I like keeping the rest of the face quite neutral. In this case I prepped my skin with a primer, used a light foundation with some pink contouring and filled my brows in with a combination of Mac Lingering and a mid-brown powder.





No comments: