Monday 9 November 2015

Manchester Break



Much as I love London, sometimes it’s fun to get away. I’ve been to Manchester a few times lately, mostly for work, and I always enjoy the energy of the city and its nightlife. I decided to treat my boyfriend for a birthday weekend away.

I chose the Malmaison for its cool design and sexy vibes (ooh-er). We had a gorgeous double room and there were some lovely extras laid on for us – crisp, juicy apples and more cosmetics that I could ever have dreamt of. The Malmaison is perfectly positioned – a stone’s throw from Manchester Piccadilly train station and the town centre.

After dropping our bags, we went for a walk into the town. A friend had told me about a print fair at the People’s History Museum so that was our first stop. It was great – we even got the chance to screen print our own art. A spot of shopping was next on the list – we headed to the Arndale Centre. The Northern Quarter is famous for its bars and restaurants so it would have been rude not to sample a cocktail or two in Bluu bar.

Back at the Malmaison, we showered and got ready. I wore the Kate dress by Little BlackDress and blowdried my hair simply. I’d been told that when it comes to getting dressed up in Manchester, there’s no such thing as ‘too glam.’

We had dinner at Artisan, which came highly recommended by my Manchester friends. We had a gorgeous meal – we both went for the Dirty Burger for our meal, which didn’t disappoint. 

After dinner, we intended to go and try some more bars but we got too comfortable in Artisan and stayed there until late – the cocktails there are gorgeous! The people-watching was also excellent – we watched a seemingly endless stream of glam ladies stream into Neighbourhood – the lingering paparazzi told us that it was the venue of choice for footballers and Hollyoaks stars alike.

After a gorgeous night’s sleep in the Mal, we got up late and had a stunning breakfast. Unfortunately, the rugby was on, so we went to watch that before heading back to the train station.


We had an absolutely amazing time in Manchester, I’d recommend it to anyone looking for a UK-based weekend break. Mad fer it.



Lovely hotel room


Tasty bites


Loved the tartan backdrop!


Gorgeous treats to steal away


Love their goodies


It's hard to resist the wine


Awww


Artisan


I'm wearing the Kate LBD




Tasty cocktails...


No comments: