Tuesday 5 August 2008

Tartanarama!!!

I thought I had seen my fill of tartan and checks at Koko (see a couple of posts below) but the checks/tartan at the Innocent Smoothie festival (and later the Enterprise pub, Chalk Farm) changed everything. A mind-boggling amount of checks. Lines crossed with lines crossed with LINES!

Slight realisation of this hyper-trend kicked in as I met up with a number of checked friends before the festival-haha, we laughed, what a funny coincidence! In retrospect I see that such an eventuality was inevitable. Men, women and children all love the checks (evidence clearly pictured here) but perhaps it’s time to cool off on tartan for a while? I asked my friend Lynne if this strange day had influenced her to give up the dreaded squares but she said that although she had begun to feel a bit sick of it, she would rather give up drink. This was quite a bold statement from someone who had just had four ‘nightcaps!’

Now that D&G have just done a delicious new tartan shirt, I just don’t know if Ithis addiction can be broken. Maybe gingham is the future?





Top to bottom: Our embarassingly checked crew, a hot checked boy, a hot checked girl, the heartwrenchingly adorable Alfred embracing the trend, in the Enterprise pub, making friends with other checked people!