Wednesday 17 June 2009

Oh Beehive Hershesons

Q. What’s big, bad and will make or break a party? A. A monster of a beehive of course!

Now, as you all know, I am not adverse to some experimentation in the hair and makeup department but when you’re working against the clock and have a massive sixties-style birthday party to set up, it can be a tad stressful (especially if you are the hostess and birthday girl rolled into one stress-ball of a package!). I knew exactly what I wanted to do makeup-wise (Galliano-esque exaggerated Twiggy eyes) but whenever I attempt a beehive, it always seems to look great from the front but a tragic, borderline partied-out Winehouse mess at the back.

Luckily, I heard about Daniel Hershesons Blow Dry bar in the Oxford Street branch of Topshop. Friendly stylist Sam wasted no time, whipping my barnet into a frenzy of fluff before carefully moulding my hair into a mound of perfection. As the Elnett began to clear I smiled a happy smile: my ‘Bardot’ looked lovely. Another bonus? I had it done at 3pm on Saturday and it lasted through ten hours of (pretty hardcore) partying, all through the Sunday and, I am slightly ashamed to admit, through my Monday at work too, where I swanned about with my slightly limp ringlets blowing in the air-conditioning with a faint waft of old cigarette smoke.

The moral of the story? Getting your hair blow-dried or styled only costs £21 and the results are absolutely astounding and the service quick and pleasant. Now, what next from the menu? The ‘Big and Bouncy or the half-up half-down ‘B-52?’ I’m considering going every week…

How to Book:
Hershesons Blow Dry Bar Oxford Street: 0207 927 7888
Hershesons Blow Dry Bar Westfields: 0208 743 0868
www.hershesonsblowdrybar.com


Myself and Hersheson's Sam, aka Beehive Extraordinaire






I know, I know, I need to get them done again. Is it not a bit Daphne Guinness though? Say 'yes' please



Okaaay, the changing room queue behind me started to stare at this point




No comments: