Tuesday 13 October 2009

See it Now: Pop Life at the Tate Modern


Pop life: Art in a Material World is on now until 17th January 2010. If you're anything like me, you'll see a big glossy exhibition poster, think 'I want to see that' and then completely bloody forget about it until the thing is long over. Faced with the chrome surface of Jeff Koons' bunny balloon, I vowed to go and..shock horror, actually went last Saturday.

This exhibition is really fantastic - works from all of the modern art greats were on show: Andy Warhol, Tracey Emin, Damien Hirst, Jeff Koons and Takashi Murakami. I was going to stay for half an hour, ended up staying for 180 wonderful minutes.

Fun activity? If you're over 18 and like your art explicit, head for the Jeff Koons room, sidle up to the very large, very graphic photograph nearest to the door and watch people's reactions as they enter. Seriously funny, very addictive.

Blackfriars is the nearest tube to the Tate Modern - what are you waiting for?


1 comment:

Kev - LG said...

Saw this a few weeks back - incredible show. The more Koonz I see, the more I love.