Wednesday 11 January 2012

The Big Win!

So often, I view competitions with cynicism; does anybody ever really win them? Then, one dreary boring Monday, I opened my inbox and saw that I had! A while ago, I entered a Revlon competition on their Revlon UK Facebook page. Not only had I won a competition; I had won an amazing one. I was to spend the day with Jade Thompson, the recently crowned Britain’s Next Top Model. I had no idea what to expect so imagine my delight when I checked into the Mayfair Hotel on Monday night and found a brand new Mulberry Alexa handbag and £500 of House of Fraser vouchers waiting for me! After a really good night’s sleep and a dinner consisting of the finest articles from Marks and Spencer’s Food Hall, Kate from Revlon, Jade, my friend Sarah and I all sat down to a fine breakfast in the hotel’s Quince restaurant. We were given a bumper bag full of Revlon goodies and were then introduced to Nick the photographer and Stuart the driver. We were taken for arelaxing massage at 5-star hotel Baglioni (previous guests include Jay-Z and Beyonce) and then went shopping in House of Fraser with £500 worth of vouchers! I was tempted by a dress in Miss Selfridge but decided it looked much better on Jade in their Christmas campaign! Matching peace sign earrings were purchased though. After a rather yummy afternoon tea, the lovely Stuart drove us back to the hotel (with some really good London facts on the way home) so Sarah and I could have our make-up done by talented make-up artist Cat Parnell. The day ended with a beautiful meal at Aqua Kyoto (located just off Regent Street) with stunning Japanese Velvet pear cocktails, foie gras sushi and truffled cabbage with saffron. Delicious. It’s really hard to pick just one highlight, but let’s put it this way: unless they come up with a brand new 'morbidly obese' category in next year's Britain's Next Top Model, I think it's fair to assume that I may not be eligible for entering. This disappointment aside, I can sleep soundly, knowing that I have certainly eaten some of London's finest foods. This will honestly go down in history as one of the best days of my life. The only thing is, I am finding it quite hard to readjust to my normal routine. The tube? Where’s my driver? And what the heck is work?

Jade looking gorgeous

I get fashion tips from Britain's Next Top Model

The dress Jade wore in her Miss Selfridge photoshoot (it looked better on her!)

Sarah and I get comfy before afternoon tea at Baglioni

Jade and Sarah peruse the menu

Mmm so delicious!


Photos courtesy of Nick West for Revlon

No comments: