Thursday 8 August 2013

The Citypoint Club



If the MI5 gym were ever closed for refurbishment, I can imagine Bond opting for the Citypoint Club in its place. Sleek, chic and exclusive, there is a strict cap on the number of members, meaning a stress-free experience every time.

Plush towels and robes are readily available and for a small fee you can even arrange to have the gym do your laundry (an end to a breed of ‘my gym gear isn’t washed’ excuses, sigh).

Don’t get me started on the gadgets; for an additional £20 per month you can sign up for unlimited hydration drinks, literally at your fingertips. Oh yes, the machine remembers your fingerprint. This fee also includes the laundry service and a private locker. Citypoint’s relaxation chairs were designed by Nasa. They make you feel airless as you gaze, in a darkened room, at a tank of tropical fishes.

If you need somewhere to relax after a hard day at the office, the Citypoint Club has every area covered. The chlorine-free pool is a joy; clean, quiet and big enough to have a proper swim. There were only a handful of people when I was there at peak time on a weekday.  There’s a sauna, steam room and plunge pool, with cushioned loungers everywhere. The Med Spa offers a comprehensive range of treatments, from a manicure to non-invasive surgery! I had a wonderful Aromatherapy Associates massage which nearly sent me to sleep.

If you’re looking for fat-burning treatments, Zerona is the option for you. This non-invasive body contouring procedure removes fat without harmful side effects associated with surgical methods. All spa treatments are available to non-members too.

Oh, and there’s a fully equipped, snazzily technical gym too, should you ever fancy a workout. With all of the other relaxing options, I’m not sure I’m going to have time…think I’ll leave the touch screen treadmill to Bond. I’ll get Zerona instead.  

Membership: £110 per month
www.thecitypointclub.co.uk







No comments: