Tuesday 19 May 2015

Smile Brighter this Summer



After many glorious, fun-filled years of drinking tea, coffee, wine and (eek) smoking, my smile was less ‘Brilliant White’ and more ‘Filthy Magnolia.’ I recently started using BlanX toothpaste to rectify the situation.

I’ve been wary of whitening toothpastes in the past – my teeth can be very sensitive – but decided to push on through in the name of beauty. The unique BlanX formula contains naturally whitening products such as Arctic Lichen and Bamboo Micro Powder.

After using BlanX Advance Whitening Toothpaste (RRP £7.89) and BlanX Intensive Stain Removal (RRP £6.30) for about a month, I have definitely started to notice a difference. BlanX packaging comes with a handy tester strip so you can see how the colour of your teeth changes through using the products. I found it very satisfying to track the progress and have moved from a decidedly yellowy ‘4’ to a more palatable ‘x.’ I haven’t noticed any increased sensitivity in my teeth so far either so I’m planning to continue using the products until my teeth are pearly white once more. You can buy BlanX products in major chemists and supermarkets.

If, like me, you also enjoy a quick-fire cosmetic solution, here are my top three tips for an instantly brighter smile:

1.     Tan your face, and tan it hard. A healthy smothering of something like Sleep Mask by James Read works wonders. It’s the contrast between face and teeth that makes them look whiter
2.     Use a blue-based lip product like ‘Hello Sailor’ by Lipstick Queen 
3.     Or try a blue-based red lipstick. I like LadyDanger by Mac or my ‘Monica’ red lipstick by Dolce & Gabbana






Before


After

No comments: