Thursday 23 July 2015

Silly Fun


I don’t know about you, but I find occasion dressing can get far too serious sometimes; should my lipstick match the dress? Can I get away with a wedge that size when I’m a) dancing a Ceilidh b) tramping through a field or c) walking on wonky tent terrain? Will I be cold?

Enough already. Sometimes you need a good old palette cleanser to take the edge off. In this case, a pair of fluffy marabou earrings. I fell in love with these as soon as I saw them on ASOS. What’s not to adore? They’re pale pink, silky and silly. When you put them on, your face looks softer, somehow.


They’re a bit sexy, too, like hanging Agent Provocateur slippers from your lobes, but much, much lighter. Admittedly, I was all geared up to wear them for my friend Ruth’s wedding last weekend, but I chickened out last minute. But with all the barbecues, birthdays, engagement parties and (more!) weddings on the horizon, it’s only a matter of time before I crack out what can only be described as the silliest accessory of the summer. You, reader, will be the first to see them in action.



These earrings are but £8 from River Island


The final outfit. My dress is by Emily & Fin

No comments: