Friday 25 July 2008

Club NME at Koko



Back in the day, when my friends and I tripped happily (and, let’s face it, drunkenly) around club Koko in Camden, the Friday NME nights had quite boring bands and hit and miss DJs. Last Friday, I was pleased to find that this has all changed. The DJing, in particular was quite brilliant.

The NME staff share the responsibily of spinning tracks and I went along to check out my dear friend Jamie Fullerton’s skills. He played the great and the good of indie and rock, past and present. My favourite song of the moment, Mystery Jets’ ‘Two Doors Down’ went down a storm. The next DJ on was great too, Damien and he even let me pretend to be a DJ which made me like him even more (see picture).

The evening made me realise that even a good four years on, NME Fridays at Koko still has everything I need: Great music, reasonably (for London) priced booze, fun dancing and young skinny-jeaned whippersnappers!