Sunday 13 February 2011

The Painted Lady

I went along to the opening of The Painted Lady, a new nail salon on Shoreditch’s trendy Redchurch Street (just off Commercial Road, sort of at the end of Brick Lane). For the opening, there were feet-nibbling fishes, a make-up artist, drinks by Drambuie and, of course, free manicures.

The event was so popular that unfortunately I couldn’t stay to have my nails done but I was given a voucher so I could go back. I’ve tried to like the fish/feet/nibbling concept but I’m afraid I couldn’t quite bring myself to try it again (I know I’m a wimp).

Guests loved the bright lipstick make-overs, the make-up artist used shades by my favourites, Smashbox, Mac and Illamasqua.

The Painted Lady girls themselves were beautifully turned out and their immaculate 50’s style captured the vintage appeal of their salon perfectly. Afterwards I wanted to go home and practice my hair rolls and finger waves!

Top marks for the best goodie bag I have been given in ages – it included two pairs of fun false lashes, some lovely suspenders by Charnos, cherry liquorice (to which I am now addicted) and lots of other pressies. Thanks ladies!

In short? Great atmosphere, welcoming, friendly staff and perfect-looking polishes. A lovely little salon that’s certain to be a success.

65 Redchurch Street
City of London, Greater London E2 7DJ
020 7729 2154

www.thepaintedladylondon.com











No comments: