Saturday 21 July 2012

Flying Without Wings



When I first heard about MW Nails, I was beyond excited. A nail bar dressed as a plane? ‘Sign me up’, I thought. I needed a pedicure before my holiday so I popped along to the new Spitalfields branch so see what it was all about.

Authentically, the treatment menu was listed on an aeroplane arrivals board and I was greeted by Christine, who was immaculately presented and dressed to look like a glamorous air hostess. I selected my nail colour (they use shades by Essie and OPI) and headed downstairs. The seat I was offered used to be in the 1st class of an Air France plane. I placed my champagne on the tray inside and relaxed while Christine went to work. She had over ten years’ experience, so I knew I was in safe hands. I found out that while the salon looks vintage, it also boasts a state of the art air extraction system.

A chance to return to the golden age of aviation, and a great service to boot. I would recommend MW Nails to anyone; all the glamour of a first class flight without leaving the ground; no Valium required!

MWnails Spitalfields 
Old Spitalfields Market
111B Commercial Street
London
E1 6BG

 Authentic hot towels but for your feet, not your face!
 My nail technician, Christine






No comments: