Tuesday 19 February 2013

Toni and Guy at London Fashion Week


I paid my biannual visit to the Toni and Guy tent at Somerset House, venue for all things London Fashion Week.  I love the hustle and bustle of the first day of Fashion Week and, true to form, the seats at the cut and blow bar were full of the crème de la crème of fashion week; buyers and journalists galore. The first lady of hair, Sacha Mascolo, was there, supporting her team and looking very like the models stalking the catwalks across the cobbles.

Jen took care of my hair this time, shampooing it with Label M Organic Orange Blossom shampoo and giving it a good trim. I felt in need of a change, so she cut in a long fringe too. She then used a new ‘twist dry’ technique which she said was very popular at New York Fashion Week.

Here’s how she did it:

-Volume mousse into the roots of damp hair
-Lots of seasalt spray
-Rough dry
-Twist random inches of hair while drying them with the hairdryer (this gives a more natural effect than tongs)
-Grab a few twist together and secure them into little buns on your head (four at the back, four on each size)
-Blast your head with a hairdryer and allow to cool
-Unwind and add some glossing serum and a bit of hairspray

I loved my new hair! I walked into the salon a hungover, tired mess and left like a bouncier, better version of a non-hungover me. Definitely a good look to try in front of the telly on a Sunday when you've got a bit of time. Warning: do not be tempted to leave it at the hair bun stage – there are some things which should remain in the 90’s. 


BEFORE





AFTER





No comments: