Monday 14 December 2009

Cheryl's Stylish Weekend

I confess, I couldn't have cared less who won the X Factor (I believe it was the smiley boy from South Shields who eventually triumphed). I did, however, practically strain my neck trying to see what everyone was wearing on the telly, especially the nation's sweetheart Cheryl Cole. First up was this Manjit Deu mermaid number:

I like this one but I do think a woman's confidence shines through when she is comfortable and Cheryl shuffled rather awkward. I worried when she faced the stairs, I really did. Gorgeous number though, if seated. Hair should have been swept up in an elegant chignon rather than hanging in her face if you ask me.

Next up was this ballgown-like black frock:


Forgive me, not sure of the designer - it looks like Marchesa but I can't be 100% certain. People appear to have been quite harsh about it but I quite like it actually. The transparency at the bottom is a little cheap but in general the gown reminds me of those cupcake dolls (in a good, unscented way). On the whole? Dramatic choices that suited the occasion. Dannii's done-to-death 'gladiator's wife' looks could have been improved with more natural styling (and continued resistance to Botox). She seemed proud to have styled herself while Cheryl had help but, you know what? Sometimes it's worth leaving things to the experts.

No comments: