Tuesday 29 December 2009

To Sell or Not to Sell?

I have a pair of Gina's Floyd heels (for a picture of them, follow this link: http://www.gina.com/client/theshop/productsview1.aspx?search=1&categoryid=0&searchspecialoffer=1&productname=floyd&colorid=0&heelheight=0) and by goodness I love them. They are glamorous, they are beautiful and I adore looking at them. I take them out of their golden satin dustbag sometimes. I hide them at house parties. Occasionally I'll catch a glimpse of their black and silver coffin out of the corner of my eye and smile quietly to myself, smug in the knowledge that, despite all subconscious pleas to the contrary, I bought them and they are nobodys buy mine. One thing I don't do very much though, is actually wear them. This seems, even to me (their honorable keeper), more than faintly ridiculous. It's just that they actually seem too lovely to be worn outside of my house. So far I have done so only once, when I went to the Mulberry party last London Fashion Week. Every other time I have been tempted, I have been simultaneously concerned: what if it rained and they got wet? What if someone stepped on my toe? What if I killed them? Every time I have simply stroked the Floyds lovingly and returned them to their rightful home.

I'm 24 now and feel it might be time to face reality a bit more squarely in the face: I am not somebody who is wealthy enough to wear such a shoe. If I could get a taxi/limo to parties, then fine. I would wear away with wild abandon but, as it goes, it's tubes, trains and buses a-go-go at the mo-mo. What to do? I'd love to go on holiday but can't as keep spending my hard-earned pennies on frivolous things such as Floyd. Should I E-bay and head for the sun? Should I continue living the dream, desperately hoping that someone will eventually send a fantastically glossy car to get me from A to B?

I need to wear these shoes but my own damn guilt won't let me! They weren't even that expensive - £215 marked down from £430 (I also go a little discount on top of this, I'm not at liberty to explain why). Victoria Beckham can buy shoes like this whenever she wants so WHY CAN'T I?! I think (through this therapeutic tirade) I have managed to answer my own question. I will set up a Pay Pal account tomorrow. Probably...

Also, can I honestly, regret-free sell my black ChloƩ Paddington (see photo below)? I love it a bit less now, finding the padlock cumbersome at best and, apparently (according to Grazia), they're fetching quite the price at the moment (as they can no longer be purchased from ChloƩ). Answers on a postcard/comment box - please readers, talk some sense into me!



5 comments:

WARREN WRIGHT said...

love the pic of the bag! =]


thefaindent.blogspot.com

WARREN WRIGHT said...

and btw if you can reply, who did the makeup on the picture at the top! its amazing!!!!!!


thefaindent.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thanks for your lovely comments Warren, how exciting that someone who lives in New York reads my little blog! I actually did the makeup in that pic - it was back in the days of Boombox! I think my friend Saz has put some more pictures of us all made up on her blog which is orfalseglitter.blogspot.com. I'm looking forward to looking at yours xxx

Richard Pal said...

SELL THEM! you've got too many shoes as it is, if you can make some cash off ones that you dont wear then fairplay! also it'll save you some despair when you inevitably break the heel on them.
DO IT!
love oooo
x

Unknown said...

Good point sweetheart - but so I have this many pairs of LOVELY shoes? Might bite the bullet though as am planning to go to both Ireland and Berlin in the next few months and need some spending money... Love ooo, boi, boi!xx