Friday 3 December 2010

Invisible Zinc

I was making up a lovely model (Rebecca) who had a particularly flawless complexion a few weeks ago and she told me about Invisible Zinc, an Australian company specializing in cosmetics to shield and protect the skin from damaging sun rays. ‘Why would I ever need sun protection in England’ I asked daftly. Because even the weakest sun rays can speed up aging, that’s why. I decided to give it a try.

Rebecca had recommended the brand’s Tinted Daywear, an SPF 30 tinted moisturizer. She had warned me that it would feel a little sticky at first (it did) but the combo I used included the Invisible Staying Powder which set it beautifully, giving my skin a smooth, translucent appearance, almost as if I had applied a serum, SPF moisturizer and then make-up primer, foundation and powder. I don’t think it’s an exaggeration to say that these two products can perform the job of five others.

Another unexpected bonus was that, because Tinted Daywear contains Zinc Oxide, it even cleared my skin of spots too (I noticed a difference after just three days of using it). Miraculous given that my 25-year-old skin looked like that of a particularly unfortunate adolescent. For evening I still prefer to use a liquid foundation for a little more coverage by for daytime, I am an Invisible Zinc convert and can’t wait to see what else the brand has to offer. Will keep you posted.

Invisible Zinc products are available to buy at
www.asos.com.





No comments: