Wednesday 13 July 2011

Burberry's New Body

"© Copyright Burberry/Testino"

I opened the Metro this morning and my eyes were met with Rosie Huntingdon-Whiteley languishing naked beneath a carefully draped, rose gold satin trench. Few things have made me question my sexuality of late but this was definitely borderline.

The reason for this rather risqué campaign? The model is launching ‘Burberry Body,’ the brand’s new fragrance.

Christopher Bailey says:

"Burberry Body is the most exciting launch that we have ever created and captures the iconic spirit of the brand today in a striking and sensual way. Rosie's effortless style and her staggering beauty made her the natural choice as the first Burberry Body."


And Rosie:

''It’s a huge honour to be working with Burberry again, a brand that put my career on the map and helped launch me. To be asked to be the first 'Burberry Body' is an amazing compliment.''

I predict a media stir similar to that of the Brooke Shields/Calvin Klein collaboration (“nothing comes between me and my Calvins”).

Bet some other things will be stirring too…

Burberry Body Campaign (Video NTSC)
http://www.burberrybrand.com?p=G3HoJxyN4k691rqKrHM2eA

No comments: