Thursday 17 January 2013

Strip off for 2013: Cleansers



After Christmas, my skin took on a puffy, pale, spotty appearance. Too many toxins, some pretty naughty food and little to no exercise had seriously taken their toll. I decided to take better care of myself in 2013 and have now started to eat more healthily and get to the gym more too. Skin-wise, a thorough cleanse seemed like the best place to start. Here are some of my favourite cleansing products.
 
Boots Botanics All Bright Eye Soothing Eye Make Up Remover 150ml £2.49
 
Think I've mentioned before that this is my favourite ever eye-make-up remover. It’s really oily and gets rid of every trace of my waterproof mascara. Amazing price, amazing product. I love the new-look Botanics packaging too.


Elemis Revitalise & Replenish Cleansing Duo £21.00
 
The Elemis Rehydrating Rosepetal Cleanser contains extracts of healing Rose, Lecithin and Vitamins E and F. It’s so thick and moisturising, it makes cleansing feel really luxurious – I use this one in the evening, as I prefer a face wash to wake me up in the morning. This set includes a free Rehydrating Rosepetal Cleanser too – bonus!

Biore Steam Activated Cleanser 145ml £4.99

I love this cleanser – it’s a real time-saver in the morning and I love the fact that it’s activated by steam. It goes a bit tingly and feels like it’s giving my face a really deep clean. My face always looks fresh, healthy and glowing after using this.

 

At last – an exfoliator which is actually pleasant to use. Thorough without being scratchy, this product succeeds in every way; it smells great, it looks great and it gives my face a really deep cleanse. It contains lotus flower and moringa extract.
Stay tuned for the second installment of this feature. Next? Toners...



No comments: