Wednesday 19 March 2014

One Elle of a Time

I went to an exclusive Percy & Reed product launch in the Elle office, mainly because I was curious about a new product launch, but also because I love a good office nosy! 

This was the first time the Elle beauty team had invited non-PRs-or-Elle-ites into the building, but after the success of their first event, I’m sure they will host more events like this. I was on my best behaviour: only two champagnes and I didn’t spill a drop. The Elle Beauty team talked us through the new Percy & Reed product, ‘Wonder Balm’.

Perfectly Perfecting Wonder Balm (£18 for 75ml) is like a primer for your hair. It gives more control and helps your style last longer. You use it before other styling products; I wash my hair, towel dry it and then apply it through my lengths and ends. It smells gorgeous and makes my hair feel thick and silky. I then dry my hair and apply my usual texturiser and hair spray. 

According to Adam Reed, this is a product that “makes your hair the best it can be.” Paul Percival is also a fan, explaining, “Wonder Balm helps to fill and seal the cuticle, giving you a perfect base to style the hair, whilst sealing the cuticle, locking out humidity and adding gloss and light volume.”

After hearing about this new Wonder product, we got our hair styled with it by Percy & Reed stylists. It looked wonderful but I didn’t think it would withstand the hair whipping it would get at Beyonce the following evening, so I ended up taking it out before I went to bed. I’m sure my fellow Tube-travellers were impressed with my High Barnet in any case. We also got some snaps in the famous ‘Elle Photobooth’ to remember our lovely styles. 

Percy & Reed are now on Instagram - follow percyandreedlookbook for hair inspiration and email your favourite styles over to east@percyandreed.com or hello@percyandreed.com















No comments: