Monday 22 February 2010

LFW Day 3: Sunday 21st February

Yesterday was wonderfully glamorous; after having my makeup done at the Mac stand in the BFC, I met every fashion blogger's heroine, Susie Lau of www.stylebubble.typepad.com. She was really lovely and friendly, proving there are still nice people in the industry! Afterwards I went to meet my another nice fashionista, my friend Jeanie (www.fatfashionassistant.blogspot.com), for breakfast at the Langley hotel. Sadly I got there a bit late so the food had all gone. The cocktails were still flowing though so obviously it would have been rude to refuse so I indulged!
A little tipsy, we made a quick pitstop at Love magazine's office so that Jeanie could pick up all of her show invitations. We then hot-footed it to Queensway to go to Mulberry's autumn/winter '10 presentation in the rather lovely setting of Kensington Palace's Orangery. There was tea, there were biscuits and, it has to be said, a really gorgeous collection that was inspired by 'Valley of the Dolls,' naughty English royalty, Hollywood theatricals and over-the-top animal prints. I have posted a few of my photos from the show but I expect Mulberry's are (far) better so I'll publish some of those later..
My outfit - please bear in mind that it was raining pretty heavily! Vintage tweed trilby by Kangol (a present from my nan), scarf knitted mostly by my mum, mac by Burberry, tights by Wolford, boots by Clarks (I still couldn't face heels)
This might be Jimmy Choo taking a photo of Alexander McQueen's tribute wall. Me and the Mac girls couldn't decide...




My face after being beautifully made up by Gemma at Mac



She did my eyes so well!




Uncanny, no? (Haha)





DELICIOUS leopard biscuits at the Mulberry show at Kensington Palace's Orangery. Despite being in very fashionable company (Love magazine's lovely Jeanie and Anders) I shoved this into my mouth with astounding alacrity






Some rather dapper gents serve up tea and drinks






A couple of curious leopards survey proceedings








Gorgeous makeup by genius Pat McGrath, hair by Sam McKnight (do all successful creatives have McSurnames? Perhaps I should change mine to McPal?!)









A stunning dress - along with shoulders, backs seem to be the body area to showcase for Autumn/Winter










I want this outfit and the pooch please












The only thing better than leopard is TRIPLE LEOPARD!!! My absolute favourite print in the entire world x 3. This is my idea of heaven












Ahhhhh













Loving the colour palette and chunky brooch













Fabulous bag, great structured coat















Actress Emilia Fox watches the show from behind a prowling leopard

















The covetable line-up

















No comments: