Tuesday 23 February 2010

LFW Day 4: Monday 22nd February

I had a bit of a late start (tequila was hurting my brain from the night before - see previous post) but eventually I managed to drag myself to Jaeger. I chatted about blogging to the lovely Maurice Mullen (ES's Head of Luxury Fashion) before the show started - he's an avid supporter of all things online but admitted it can be a struggle to keep up with the sheer number of bloggers like myself!

It was a while until the show started as there was something of a photographer scrum on the catwalk. What kind of world do we live in if a front row including Callum Best, Rachel Stevens and the Saturdays causes a frenzy that leaves everyone wondering if the Queen is out and about?! This crazed desperation for celebrity fodder was unlike any fashion week I have seen previously; out of control. – it should be about the clothes, not the guests! Rant over.

Media circus aside, Jaeger’s collection was slick and quite Mod in feel. It featured: spider web knits, mannish suits worn with towering heels, velvet, a perforated suede cape, loose blow drys, neutral yet sculpted faces, large suede obi belts with tassels and gorgeous tan leather accessories.

















1 comment:

Sarah Edwina Rose said...

I want that cape!! Is it a cape?