Wednesday 17 September 2008

The Metros Play at Urban Outfitters


The last time I saw the Metros play was at a squat party in Elephant and Castle where a lowlight was having to wee in a plastic pint glass. In a cupboard. Obviously I was happy to hear that they were playing at the slightly more sanitary location of Urban Outfitters, Oxford Street.

The boys played yesterday to promote their new album ‘More Money Less Grief’ and they gave a typically lively performance. I rate the Metros because they always look like they are enjoying performing-I can’t stand moody bands. The Metros are scamps and remind me of a group of boys at school who always seemed to bounce about raising hell wherever they went. It’s not just fun and games for this bunch though, they clearly take their music seriously-there is no way they could make songs as good as Every Other Tuesday if they didn’t.

No comments: