Monday 29 September 2008

Playing at Art




As you know, I believe in keeping every area of life as stylish as possible and this reaches to my home. Being a girl who is fond of clutter, my idea of hell is a blank wall.


Inspired by ideas of the unconscious, luck, celebrity and fate, I have started to rework playing cards into varying scale pieces. I use ‘Sharpie” pens to get a bright, arresting pigment and to enhance the naïve style.

What I like most about creating collections like this is the fact that I can tailor them to the audience they are aimed at through the changing subject matter. For example my father has a chilli obsession which I have depicted in the picture for him on the right. I aim to create art that will bring joy and a personal connection to the person or people it is intended for.

No comments: