Thursday 2 April 2009

Henwood Retrospective

On Tuesday 31st March, I joined Boombox (my old favourite!) and Ponystep’s Richard Mortimer and a host of arty fashion types to celebrate the launch of Simon Henwood’s new book. The theme? ‘Censorship is Like Racism’.

The walls of Vanilla club (131 Great Titchfield Street) heard DJ sets by Roisin Murphy and everyone’s favourite party person, Jodie Harsh. Drinks included a particularly yummy cocktail that involved chili (the words ‘good for my cold’ were uttered on repeat!) and another with kiwi-yum. Mini burgers and scallops were consumed at an alarming pace and before I knew it, I felt it was probably time to go home to bed…

As you may know, I enjoy a great goody bag as much as the next impoverished creative, so I was super-pleased to find No. 7 make-up goodies and one of the T-shirts too. Here are the pics-I just love the grill-faced tranny- he was lovely!




No comments: